I do not see any reason to stop d/l a browser of choice, just make sure to d/l from a reputable site. There is no need to run FRST if your system is responding as expected without issue.
I would like you to run one more indepth online AV scan to make sure your system is clean and has no remnants etc.... Scan with ESET Online Scanner
This step can only be done using Internet Explorer
, Google Chrome
or Mozilla Firefox
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here
Please visit ESET Online Scanner
Click there Run ESET Online Scanner
If using Internet Explorer
- Allow the running of add-on.
If using Mozilla Firefox
or Google Chrome
To perform the scan
- Download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe that you'll be given link to.
- Double click esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe.
- Make sure that Remove found threats is unchecked.
- Scan archives is checked.
- In Advanced Settings: Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications and Enable Anti-Stealth technology are checked.
- Under “Enable Stealth Technology select “Change” select any extra drives in that window.
- Click Start
- The program will begin to download it's virus database. The speed may vary depending on your Internet connection.
- When completed, the program will begin to scan. This may take several hours. Please, be patient.
- Do not do anything on your machine as it may interrupt the scan.
- When the scan is done, click Finish.
- A logfile will be created at C:\Program Files (x86)\ESET\ESET Online Scanner. Open it using Notepad.
Please include this logfile in your next reply.
Don't forget to re-enable protection software!
Next, run Security Checks to show security set up....
Download Security Check by screen317 from either of the following: http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/SecurityCheck.exe
Save it to your Desktop. (If your security alerts either accept the alert, or turn the security off while Secuirity Check runs)
Double click SecurityCheck.exe (Vista or Windows 7/8 users right click and select "Run as Administrator") and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. Press any key when asked.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
If Security Check will not run or you get an alert saying it is not supported, Re-boot your PC then try again...
Let me see those two logs....