Run the following to clean up:
Remove Combofix now that we're done with it
- Please press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard. This will bring up the Run... command.
- Now type in Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. (Notice the space between the "x" and "/")
- Please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
- You will then receive a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully once it's done uninstalling itself.
The above procedure will delete the following:
- ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
- VundoFix backups, if present
- The C:_OtMoveIt folder, if present
- Reset the clock settings.
- Hide file extensions, if required.
- Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
- Reset System Restore.
Download "Delfix by Xplode"
and save it to your desktop.
Or use the following if first link is down:"Delfix link mirror"
Double Click to start the program. If you are using Vista or higher, please right-click and choose run as administrator
Make Sure the following items are checked:
- Remove disinfection tools
- Create registry backup
Now click on "Run
" and wait patiently until the tool has completed.
The tool will create a log when it has completed. We don't need you to post this.
Part of the routine will be to create a registry back up with ERUNT, the back up will be created here:
When all is known to be well with your system you can delete that back up folder if you consider it as not needed...
Any remnant files/logs from tools we have used can be deleted…
Regarding your Security, try UNinstalling and re-installing, see if that makes any difference. Download the new installer first.....
Let me know if any remaining issues or concerns..