Regarding the AVG Desktop icon, it could well be an installation file, so just delete it please.
I have amended Revo instructions for you.
Just to make sure that AVG TuneUp has gone please run your copy of Revo uninstaller again as follows:-
- Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it.
- From the list of programs/icons double click on AVG TuneUp to remove.
- If it is not listed/shown, exit the program
- If it is still there proceed as follows:-
- When prompted if you want to uninstall this program, click Yes.
- Be sure theModerate option is selected
- Then click Next
- The program will now run, If prompted again click Yes
- When the built-in uninstaller is finished click on Next.
- Once the program has searched for leftovers....(be patient here ! )
- Check /tick the bolded items only.
- Then click DELETE(You may have to expand some folders by clicking the "+" mark)
- When prompted click on Yes and then on Next.
- Put a check on any folders that are found and select delete
- Once done click Finish
Please advise how it went
Please download Junkware Removal Tool
to your Desktop.
Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.
Please post the contents of JRT.txt
into your reply.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>STEP 3 Scan with ESET Online Scanner
This step can only be done using Internet Explorer
, Google Chrome
or Mozilla Firefox
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here
Please visit ESET Online Scanner
Click there Run ESET Online Scanner
If using Internet Explorer
- Allow the running of add-on.
If using Mozilla Firefox
or Google Chrome
To perform the scan
- Download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe that you'll be given link to.
- Double click esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe.
- Make sure that Remove found threats is unchecked.
- Scan archives is checked.
- In Advanced Settings: Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications and Enable Anti-Stealth technology are checked.
- Click Start
- The program will begin to download it's virus database. The speed may vary depending on your Internet connection.
- When completed, the program will begin to scan. This may take several hours. Please, be patient.
- Do not do anything on your machine as it may interrupt the scan.
- When the scan is done, click Finish.
- A logfile will be created at C:\Program Files (x86)\ESET\ESET Online Scanner. Open it using Notepad.
Please include this logfile in your next reply. together with JRT.exe log.