Hello, welcome to SpywareHammer.
I go by Hoov, and I will be helping you with your problem. I must ask you to do a few things for me.
First, tell me everything that you have done, if anything, to try and fix this problem.
Second, please only use 1 forum to help clear up your problem. Posting on more than 1 and following instructions from more than 1 forum will cause those helping you to pull out thier hair.
Third, follow my instructions - If you can't for some reason, or if you don't understand something, please tell me. If you deviate from my instructions, tell me, it may make a difference on where we go.
Fourth, Have faith. I will do all I can to get your computer working, and if I can't - someone else here will know something else to try.
Before we start trying to fix your computer, you need to make sure your data is backed up. Also let me know of any software you have running that encrypts your harddrive.
Now onto trying to fix your computer.
First thing I need you to do is to run hijackthis again and post the entire log.
Can you tell me, does the closing of the browsers happen on any site, or is it on a particular kind of site?Download and scan with CCleaner
1. Starting with v1.27.260, CCleaner installs the Yahoo Toolbar as an option which IS checkmarked by default during the installation
. IF you do NOT want it, REMOVE the checkmark
when provided with the option OR download the toolbar-free or Slim versions
instead of the Standard Build.
2. Before first use, select Options > Advanced and UNCHECK
"Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older than 48 hours
3. Then select the items you wish to clean up.In the Windows Tab
In the Applications Tab
- Clean all entries in the "Internet Explorer" section except Cookies if you want to keep those.
- Clean all the entries in the "Windows Explorer" section.
- Clean all entries in the "System" section.
- Clean all entries in the "Advanced" section.
- Clean any others that you choose.[/COLOR]
- Clean all except cookies in the Firefox/Mozilla section if you use it.
- Clean all in the Opera section if you use it.
- Clean Sun Java in the Internet Section.
- Clean any others that you choose.[/COLOR]
4. Click the "Run Cleaner
5. A pop up box will appear advising this process will permanently delete files from your system.
6. Click "OK
" and it will scan and clean your system.
7. Click "exit
" when done.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
- Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.