Author Topic: Secure.Me Helps Manage Online Reputations  (Read 423 times)

Offline Bugbatter

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Administrator
  • Diamond Member
Secure.Me Helps Manage Online Reputations
« on: December 02, 2011, 02:34:30 pm »
I have an aversion to anybody/anything having too much access to my social media profiles, and believe that responsible social media users should not spread themselves so thin that they cannot monitor all their sharing and accounts. On the other hand, parents of children on Facebook may find this tool useful.

Secure.Me is new online tool that can scan your Facebook profile and alert you to questionable material.
http://www.secure.me/

What do you think? Is the tool itself an invasion of privacy? Will this give users a false sense of security?
Although it could be helpful to parents, are they taking a risk even when using it for their children online, or would it be the lesser of two evils?  (Yes, children are supposed to be 13+ to use Facebook, but I know parents who have set up accounts for children as young as 9. )

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security

Offline Hoov

• Malware Removal Mentors
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • Unwilling part owner of Gov't. Motors and Chrysler
    • Hoov's Personal Site
Re: Secure.Me Helps Manage Online Reputations
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 04:02:32 pm »
This company is based in Germany. I am not sure what privacy regulations there are governing the site, but they use some of the Google Analytic tools, so I am sure there is going to be some kinds of loophole between German privacy laws and US Privacy laws. Also you may want to take a look at the privacy page.

If I had kids, I believe my snooping on them would be invasive enough.

Consumer Security

If I am helping you and you don't hear from me for 24Hrs, send me a PM Please!