Your system looks clean of malware and I think we're good to go. Just some clean up and hardening against future infection.
1. Uninstall ComboFix as follows: Copy the code in the code box below.
Now click on start/run and paste the copied code into the input box.
Click OK. Reboot your PC.
2. Next disable and Enable System Restore. Go to Start/Control Panel/System and Security. Then click on System. Next click on Advanced system settings in the left panel. Click on the System Protection tab. Click on Disk C: and then click Configure. Click on Delete, then Continue and OK.
Now go back to the System Protection tab (as above) and click on Create to make a restore point.
3. Download OTC
to your desktop and run it.
Click Yes to beginning the Cleanup process and yes to remove these components, including this application. You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. Choose Yes.
This will remove all the malware tools we have used.
4. MOST IMPORTANT :
Windows, IE and any other software you have that connects to the net, needs to be kept updated. I recommend running Secunia PSI
. It will monitor the software you have installed and let you know when something needs to be updated.
5. Go to Start/Windows Update and install all recommended updates. You may have to do this more than once to get your operating system and Internet Explorer up to date.
6. Click on Start/Programs and launch the Adobe Reader program. Click on Help and Check for Updates and install all updates available.
7. Now some tips for prevention of further infections:
Always use an updated anti-virus program. Make sure you update this weekly, if not more often. This is critical.
Keep Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware up to date as well. Unless you have the paid version (which you can schedule), be sure to run scans several times per week.
Always use your firewall. Learn how to use your firewall. Only programs that need it should have access to the net. But these are specific to the firewall you use, so you will need to learn how. Check your firewall provider's web site for more information on making your firewall secure.
8. Go to WOT
download and install this program. It will help keep you safe on the internet.Never run two Antivirus programs or two Firewalls at the same time.
NEVER use P2P or file sharing software. Many P2P file sharing programs contain bundled spyware. But all these programs expose you to risks because of the very nature of the P2P file sharing process. Many very malicious worms and trojans target and spread across P2P file sharing networks.
Before downloading, installing or using any malware detection/removal software check Rogue/Suspeckt Spyware List
andRogue Applications List
. That way you will know if the program you are considering is safe. If you want to know how it rates against other programs check out SpywareWarrior
We have a good guide on how to prevent malware infections here at SpywareHammer. You might want to peruse this and follow the recommendations Prevent Infection
Let us know if you have any more problems, either new or old. The internet is a wonderful tool for work and fun, but always be safe.
I would appreciate if after a couple of days of using your computer you let me know if everything is running fine so that I can close this post.