Author Topic: [Resolved] I need to remove Win 7 Antivirus 2012 from my laptop. Please help  (Read 3638 times)

Offline Hoov

• Malware Removal Mentors
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • Unwilling part owner of Gov't. Motors and Chrysler
    • Hoov's Personal Site
Reopened at the request of the originator.

Consumer Security

If I am helping you and you don't hear from me for 24Hrs, send me a PM Please!

Offline 1972vet

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Malware Removal Staff
  • Diamond Member
  • Patience is bitter indeed, but its fruit is sweet.
Ok, let's pick up where we left off. Post the requested log please...the web page is in French but the download works regardless of what language you prefer. Just scroll down a bit and you'll see it in the middle of the page. It's the round blue ball with the triangle in the middle.
Disabled Veteran
U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978
Membership: U.N.I.T.E., A.S.A.P.

2009-12

Performance and Maintenance for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Seven

Offline Trojans2012

• Bronze Member
I cannot download  the Roaguekill program.  Every time I try at work, I get a blank page that states "internet explorer cannot display the webpage."  At first, I get a Norton message that an attach has been blocked.  I even try to disable Norton and download the program without success.  Any suggestion?

Offline 1972vet

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Malware Removal Staff
  • Diamond Member
How did you know the web page was in French if your result was that the web page cannot be displayed? Why would you be trying to download this program at work?
Disabled Veteran
U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978

2009-12

Offline Trojans2012

• Bronze Member
I was able to get on the Roguekill page from the link that is included in your previous response.  That is how I discover that the web page is in French.  When I click on he triangle with the blue ball as you've pointed it out, that is how I see the message that the webpage cannot be displayed.  Life, as you know, is busy and hectic.  I was trying to run the program on my laptop at work to multitask.  Now, I cannot even start Windows 7 properly on my laptop.

Offline 1972vet

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Malware Removal Staff
  • Diamond Member
Explain what happens when you try starting Windows 7.
Disabled Veteran
U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978

2009-12

Offline Trojans2012

• Bronze Member
When I turn on the computer last the last two days, it would have a blue screen that says something to the effect that Windows has detected a problem and is preparing to shut down to prevent damage to the system.  I did a full system scan with Norton.  It detected tracking cookies and heuristic virus.  I went through the list the quarantined the virus.  I even used the Norton Program Eraser and detected another problem and took care of it.  I thought that the problem was solved.  But, the next day, the same problem recurred.  I went through the same steps and pretty much the same things were detected and taken care of as I've written above.  In the middle of those two days, I tried to download Bluekill as you've suggested and was not able to do it.  I was hoping that Bluekill would provide me with another way of taking care of the problem because Norton was unable to do it.  I don't understand why Norton was not able to block the virus from coming to my computer.

Last night, when I turned on the computer, the first screen said "Starging Windows" but just just froze there.  Nothing else happened.  I turned on the computer and got a message that there was a problem starting Windows and the system was trying repair.  It then told me that the system could not be repaired.  I turned the computer off and on.  I was given the option of restoring the computer to an earlier time.  But, even when I tried, the computer was not able to restore it.  Now, when I turned the computer on, I just get the black screen that says "Starting Windows" and it just freezes there.  I cannot even start the computer in the safe mode.

Offline 1972vet

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Malware Removal Staff
  • Diamond Member
Do you have your Windows 7 installation DVD handy? We can use that to repair the damage. I honestly suspect it was Norton Eraser that is behind this. Please tell me, when norton deleted things that you think were detected as a virus, did you allow the software to quarantine them or did you just delete them?
Disabled Veteran
U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978

2009-12

Offline Trojans2012

• Bronze Member
I don't have the disk for Windows 7.  My laptop came with Windows 7 pre-installed.  Should I buy a copy of Windows 7 and re-install it?

Frankly, I don't remember wheter I let Norton Eraser to quarantine or delete the item identified.

Offline 1972vet

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Malware Removal Staff
  • Diamond Member
I'm afraid without the installer DVD we might have very limited choices left. Can you boot to safe mode? Or, can you even boot to the advanced options menu?
Disabled Veteran
U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978

2009-12

Offline Trojans2012

• Bronze Member
I cannot get into the safe mode.  I don't know how to get to the advanced boot option.

Offline 1972vet

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Malware Removal Staff
  • Diamond Member
The advanced boot menu is the black screen that comes up when you tap the appropriate function key while the boot process is underway. By doing this, your computer won't boot to Windows...rather, what should occur is that the user is presented with the "advanced boot menu" options screen. That black screen would have a list of boot options, including:
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Enable Boot Logging
Enable low-resolution video (640 x 480)
Last Known Good Configuration that Worked
...and several others.

I've attached a screenshot.
Disabled Veteran
U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978

2009-12

Offline Trojans2012

• Bronze Member
I used to be able to get to the advanced boot menu and then choose safe mode with net working.  But, as of 2 days ago, I've not been able to get to that advanced boot menu.

Offline 1972vet

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Malware Removal Staff
  • Diamond Member
Looks like you will need the installation DVD to get that thing back on the road. Do you have it handy?
Disabled Veteran
U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978

2009-12

Offline Trojans2012

• Bronze Member
I am not 100% sure.  I will look for the disk and material that might have come with the laptop.  I will do so this weekend and will let you know.  If I cannot find it, what's my other option?