Author Topic: [Resolved K] DDS cannot run?  (Read 5453 times)

Offline appaz

• Bronze Member
Re: [In Progress K] DDS cannot run?
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2012, 08:51:57 am »
OK

I did all the steps.  Took me 2 days to get everything done.  when i went to look for the MoveIt log file I could not find it on my machine

So I do not have it to post.  Not sure what I did wrong but I ran OTM and it ran to completion with a reboot.  Do you want me to run it again?

Regarding Comodo - do you suggest I reinstall that, use windows firewall or use a different firewall.  I installed comodo on the suggestion of the last person who helped me remove a virus.  I certainly do not care which firewall I use.  Just want to do what you think is best.

Thanks for all your help

Offline kevinf80

• Malware Removal Staff
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2012, 02:17:06 pm »
Hiya appaz,

Don`t worry about the OTM log, if it ran OK that will be fine. It was nothing malicious that was being removed. Regarding a Software Firewall, yes you definitely need one for XP, Windows own is not good enough.

If you prefer Comodo, then re-install it, make sure to leave the AV component turned OFF or it will clash with AVast. If you`re asking for my recommendation for a Firewall then it has to be Online Armour.

My recommendation for a Firewall, Online Armour Free Firewall is one of the best available, also go Here for an excellent tutorial that will show you how to use it.

Kevin

Offline appaz

• Bronze Member
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2012, 04:58:26 pm »
OK thanks about the OTM file.

Thanks also for the firewall recommendation.  Will install that next

Thanks for all your help.  Did you ever come to the conclusion that I had a virus or trojan horse?

Offline kevinf80

• Malware Removal Staff
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2012, 05:12:20 pm »
There was no Virus or Trojan presnt on your system when you came here. There was some general malware, but nothing serious. There was evidence that you did have TDL4 infection at some point, this was identified by the presence of the TDSS file system showing in TDSSKiller log.
You also had a busted Catroot2 folder and some of Comodo files were corrupt. You are however good to go now.... :t

Kevin  :)1

Offline appaz

• Bronze Member
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2012, 06:22:23 pm »
OK thanks for the info.  Just wondering what really was going on.

I appreciate all your help with this.  It was a long strange thread for sure.

I will drop a donation to show my appreciation and support future efforts.

Pete LaRocca (appaz is just a login name) :ty

Offline kevinf80

• Malware Removal Staff
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2012, 02:48:58 am »
It was a pleasure to work with you Pete, also as you say a strange log, but very interesting for me. Thank you for the donation, I`m sure the admins will be very appreciative of your kind gesture.

Regards,

Kevin....

Since this issue appears to be resolved the topic has been closed. Glad we could help.  :t

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this System only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own System. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.