Author Topic: [Resolved] Possible trojon  (Read 15611 times)

Offline Hoov

• Malware Removal Mentors
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • Unwilling part owner of Gov't. Motors and Chrysler
    • Hoov's Personal Site
Re: [In Progress] Possible trojon
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 07:02:50 pm »
There is still something wrong with that log. Please go to c:\qoobox and zip up the file named combofix.txt and attach it to your reply. Make sure to get the correct file. There should be a couple other txt files in there.

About the other post, no worries.

About the other log files, I am looking at them now. I should have something for you in a bit.

Consumer Security

If I am helping you and you don't hear from me for 24Hrs, send me a PM Please!

Offline Jen27

• Bronze Member
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 07:52:35 pm »
Hi Hoov,There is no log that says Combofix .txt. Just the combofix log that I posted earlier.Then There is a combofix -Quarantined-files
in there.There is also a snap shot & a back env folder & quarantined folder Thats all.I will attach the Combo quarantined but it is same as what I have sent I believe.When You say there is something wrong with log.Could it be from When I logged back In while it was running? When I saw the black Box bouncing around I thought I should log back Out.which I had a bit of trouble doing.I opened task Manager but then I was afraid & did`nt want to Just kill it & rerun.But a few minutes later I was able to Log back out to log in screen.

Offline Jen27

• Bronze Member
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 08:03:20 pm »
Sorry for double post.I wanted to say is it  possible That something went wrong by By me running from My standard account & then going back in after it logged off? I could rerun From My Admin If you need.I will wait for your next Instructions.Thank You.

Offline Hoov

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
    • Hoov's Personal Site
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 08:05:31 pm »
I am not sure what went wrong, it looks like the bottom half of the combofix.txt log got cut off. But it should have saved a copy in the folder. It has nothing to do with the account you ran it from, so don't worry about that. It ran normally, just something happened when saving the log. It was not anything you did, probably just a glitch.

Is the computer running any better?

Consumer Security

Offline Jen27

• Bronze Member
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 08:15:40 pm »
I can`t really notice much Of a differance.It was`nt running To bad.It was a tad slow.But I basically came here Because it was suggested to me By Mcafee Mod.Plus The net gaurd stating My system was trying to access Those I.P`s that were posted In that Link to Mcafee.Which I have only started recieving in the last week since owning Mcafee.I Also recieved 1 again today.

Offline Hoov

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
    • Hoov's Personal Site
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 08:30:27 pm »
Well there were a few things that combofix did remove, that much we did get from the part of the log you got and posted. I am going to go back over your log and see if there was anything I missed the first time.

Do you ever us the gotoassist program?

Consumer Security

Offline Jen27

• Bronze Member
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 08:41:03 pm »
Well that`s nice to Know that it removed a few things.I only used gotoassist 1 time or 2 times.That was probabley about a year ago.I used it for a Mcafee remote session.I don`t use it though.

Offline Jen27

• Bronze Member
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 08:43:42 pm »
Also I think forgot to mention.Not sure if you saw but I forgot to shut windows defender before the scan. :o2

Offline Hoov

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
    • Hoov's Personal Site
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 09:15:33 pm »
No worries. Go to the control panel and then to programs and features and see if the GoToAssist is still listed, if it is go ahead and uninstall it.

How often did you get those warnings before?

Consumer Security

Offline Jen27

• Bronze Member
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 09:22:03 pm »
I have had Mcafee for about 3 years.I have never recieved a blocked risky connection warning until the last week.In a weeks time I have recieved about 5 now.If you looked at the Mcafee link I posted earlier. I asked the Mod On post 12 or 13 that there was another link with people that had similiar issue he said that it turned out to be a trojon that slipped through Mcafee.That is when he suggested to go to 1 of the forums in the list he provided.This was the other link I was refering to along with my original link  I Posted Ealier here I will go & delete that now.Thanks                                                   https://community.mcafee.com/thread/41928?start=0&tstart=0

Offline Jen27

• Bronze Member
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 09:31:17 pm »
I could`nt find go to assist in programs & features?

Offline Hoov

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
    • Hoov's Personal Site
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 09:32:44 pm »
Go ahead and run your computer normally for two days. Reboot several times during that two days. Other than that use your computer normally. If you get a warning again, come back right away and let me know. If after two days nothing happens, we can do some cleanup and call this done. But even after that I will leave this thread open for 10 days just in case.

How does that sound?

About Gotoassist, it looks like combofix got rid of it, I just wanted to make sure.

Consumer Security

Offline Jen27

• Bronze Member
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 09:36:37 pm »
OK I will do that.Can I run my normal scans Now also?Thank you so much for your time.You guys really are the best! I Really Apprieciate all your efforts!  :ty

Offline Hoov

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
    • Hoov's Personal Site
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 09:39:57 pm »
Yep, run everything as you normally would. Just if you run into a problem, let me know as soon as possible.

Consumer Security

Offline Jen27

• Bronze Member
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 09:43:54 pm »
Ok thank you Hoov.Have a nice day lol (or evening)