I got them. As for combofix and McAfee, don't worry about it, many of the virus tools see combofix as a Trojan.
I think I have a handle on what is going on.
I suspect that you had one of the programs partially installed on your computer that is a rogue program but proclaims to be an Antivirus or antimalware tool like McAfee or Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. I don't know if this is something that you had on your computer and was improperly removed, or if the security you have running on your computer stopped it, but only after it was halfway installed.
Can you tell me what this is, C4USelfUpdater ?
Below here are some instructions. Please read thru them and ask any questions before starting them. I need you to run all the way thru the fix in one setting. Don't reboot until after Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware has finished with the fixes. Then reboot and see if your computer is running any differently.
Next please download FixNCR
to your desktop. Then double click on it. If you get any pop ups telling you of dangers or errors, just click yes or OK or whatever to let it run.
Please download Rkill
by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2Link 3Link 4
Please read carefully and follow these steps.
- Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
- If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
- A log pops up at the end of the run. This log file is located at C:\rkill.log. Please post this only if requested to by the person helping you. Otherwise you can close this log when you wish.
- If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
- Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
- Extract its contents to your desktop.
- Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
- If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
- If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
- It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
- If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
- If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
Now update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and run a full scan with it. If it finds anything, fix it and post the log. If it does not find anything, post that log.[/list]