OK run the following:Step 1
Turn OFF your Windows Firewall, McAfee Security has its own FW, running two is couterproductive....Step 2
- Download OTC by OldTimer and save it to your desktop. Alternative mirror
- Double click icon to start the program.
If you are using Vista or Windows 7, please right-click and choose run as administrator
- Then Click the big button.
- You will get a prompt saying "Begining Cleanup Process". Please select Yes.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
- This will remove tools we have used and itself. Any tools/logs remaining on the Desktop can be deleted.
If any of the following remain on your Desktop either delete or drag to the recycle bin:DDS
Remove ESET online scanner:
- Click Start, type Uninstall a Program into the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER.
- Click to select ESET Online Scanner from the listing of installed products, and then click Uninstall/Change from the bar that displays the available tasks. Uninstall ESETonline Scanner, only re-boot if prompted.
You are using an old version of Java. Sun's Java is sometimes updated in order to eliminate the exploitation of vulnerabilities in an existing version.
For this reason, it's extremely important that you keep the program up to date, and also remove the older more vulnerable versions from your system.
The most current version of Sun Java is: Java Runtime Environment Version 6 Update 31.
- Go to Sun Java
- Select Windows 7/XP/Vista/2000/2003/2008 If using 64 bit OS Select Information about the 64-bit Java plug-in and follow prompts
- Install the new version by running the newly-downloaded file with the java icon which will be at your desktop, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Reboot your computer
Create a new restore point:
1. Right-click on Computer and go to Properties.
2. Next click on the System Protection link.
3. The System Properties dialog screen opens up and you will want to click on Create.
4. Type in a description for the restore point which will help you remember the point at which it was created. Click on create.
5. You should see the message "The restore point was created successfully
To remove all but the most recent restore point do the following:
1. Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button
. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.
2. If prompted, select the drive that you want to clean up, and then click OK.
3. In the Disk Cleanup for (usually C:\) dialog box, click Clean up system files. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
4. If prompted, select the drive that you want to clean up, and then click OK.
5. Click the More Options tab, under System Restore and Shadow Copies, click Clean up.
6. In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, click Delete.
7. Click Delete Files, and then click OK. Re-Boot your PC.
Let me know if those steps complete OK, also let me know if any remaining issues or concerns..