Hello, welcome to SpywareHammer.
I go by Hoov, and I will be helping you with your problem. I must ask you to do a few things for me.
First, tell me everything that you have done, if anything, to try and fix this problem.Also tell me any other problems you are having, no matter how small or long you have been dealing with them.
Second, please only use 1 forum to help clear up your problem. Posting on more than 1 and following instructions from more than 1 forum will cause those helping you to pull out thier hair.
Third, follow my instructions - If you can't for some reason, or if you don't understand something, please tell me. If you deviate from my instructions, tell me, it may make a difference on where we go.
Fourth, Have faith. I will do all I can to get your computer working, and if I can't - someone else here will know something else to try.
Fifth, if we start this fix, I need you to stick with me until the end. Just because your computer is running better does not mean it is fixed.
Before we start trying to fix your computer, you need to make sure your data is backed up. Also let me know of any software you have running that encrypts your harddrive.
One last thing, I need you to tell me if this computer belongs to a school or to a company or orginization of some kind. If it does, please let me know. Also tell me if there is an IT department responsible for this computer.
Now onto trying to fix your computer.
when you ran DDS did you get another log named Attach.txt?
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot''s Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes'' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes'' Anti-Malware
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click ''Show Results'' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM''s database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.