Author Topic: lpksetup log files continuously writting to temp file  (Read 5312 times)

Offline Edsweird

• Bronze Member
Re: lpksetup log files continuously writting to temp file
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 10:39:07 am »
good morning!

i will go through the language selection installation later today. Got to work and got hit up for a bit of work.

however, i arrived at work, set up and turned on my laptop. i immediately launched task manager and went to processes and screen shot them. i do believe the lpksetup was still accessing at that time.

i am posting this to aid in diagnostics.

i noticed something, 'InputPersonalization.exe', that is a process that is waiting for handwriting or gestures for tablet PCs. i use a wacom tablet from time to time but the executable is strictly for recognition tied to the operating system. this i'd like to disable. also, there are a lot of processes that i'm not sure are even needed.

images posted for review and comment.

Offline Edsweird

• Bronze Member
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 10:41:05 am »
note, i accidentally launched CaptureOne instead of GIMP for the screen capture. Hence, the large memory hog. :)

Offline 1972vet

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Malware Removal Staff
  • Diamond Member
  • Patience is bitter indeed, but its fruit is sweet.
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 10:57:02 am »
As I said before, it is expected behavior and will continue until you uninstall what you don't want to use.
Disabled Veteran
U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978
Membership: U.N.I.T.E., A.S.A.P.

2009-12

Performance and Maintenance for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Seven

Offline Edsweird

• Bronze Member
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 12:03:29 pm »
greetings!  :w2

yup. finally got into task scheduler. both lpk variants are slated to expire in 2030. i disabled them. i also disabled InputPersonalization to free up resources. finally, no more lpk files. i suspect that when i downloaded the realplayer from the russian television site, windows detected a russian anomaly that started to scan for something. i have since un-installed that version of real player and downloaded a fresh version from RP which works fine. i did dissable this from autostart at boot up as well (on demand only).

thank you so much.  :)1

however, a different but continuing concern -  any ideas on the 'masterXXXXX' file being written? this continues. and my hard dive takes a long time to spin down but it does spin down now - after a long time of access...

i guess the bottom line is, i just remember not to long agi and from the beginning, my drives would spin dow after about 5-10 minutes after boot up or just a few minutes after being idle.

wondering if i'm beating a dead horse (or OS)  ;d

Offline Edsweird

• Bronze Member
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 12:06:20 pm »
 :i

wow .. i just realized something in part to my continuing concerns. look at Mcbuilder in the tasks scheduled. it has the exact expiration time stamp on it as the lkp tasks ... could 'Mcbuilder' and the 'master' files be related?

Offline 1972vet

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Malware Removal Staff
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 06:32:17 pm »
Anything is possible. If you want to do a more in depth study, you would need to post a help request in our malware removal forum. There, we can use analysis software that takes a much deeper look inside the box so we can see what's going on.
Disabled Veteran
U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978

2009-12

Offline Edsweird

• Bronze Member
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 08:57:58 pm »
yeah ... that's what i'm thinking now ... thank you so much for your help. digging in to this is daunting. i will be posting there shortly. be well :)

Offline 1972vet

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Malware Removal Staff
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2012, 07:37:28 am »
Great! Be sure to include a link to this thread so your help there can see what has been done so far...just in case I don't pick up your help request thread before someone else gets to it. Thanks!
Disabled Veteran
U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978

2009-12

Offline Edsweird

• Bronze Member
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 12:04:45 pm »
 :ty

update

since disabling both lpk tasks as well as inputpersonalization, no more 'master' files being written since the 26th, computer runs as smooth as it did in december and disk does spin down after a while ... it does access for normal indexing - i have a lot of files. also, i think inputpersonalization somehow got enabled a year ago. since also disabling that, a few odd items went away that i believe were associated with that as well.

unless something else occurs, i think we got it. if that does happen, i will post to malware section.

thanks for the direction!  ;d ... seriously .. all good so far :)

Offline 1972vet

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Malware Removal Staff
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 10:12:40 am »
Outstanding...glad you got it sorted out.
Disabled Veteran
U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978

2009-12

Offline lola20102010

• Bronze Member
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2013, 10:37:27 am »

Hi 1972vet

I do this and works...

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Pedro

It's the language pack removal scheduled service. They (those temp files) should be deleted automatically on a reboot I think. You should also be able to disable this service if you wish but you would need to keep an eye on the temp folder, or run CCleaner often...which should be done anyway.

Go to Administrative tools in the Control Panel...then Computer management.
From there, go to: TaskScheduler ---> TaskSchedulerLibrary ---> Microsoft ---> Windows ---> MUI.

Now doubleclick in the UPPER central window pane; then click the "Triggers" tab, and then the "Edit" button in the lower part of that tab. Finally, in the Edit dialog, uncheck the "Enabled" checkbox.

I think though, if you had the Service pack installed, this wouldn't be an issue.