Ok do the following:Step 1
Uninstall the following via Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs:Java(TM) 6 Update 7Step 2
Remove Combofix now that we're done with it
- Please press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard. This will bring up the Run... command.
- Now type in Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. (Notice the space between the "x" and "/")
- Please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
- You will then recieve a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully once it's done uninstalling itself.
The above procedure will delete the following:
It is very important that you get a successful uninstall because of the extra functions done at the same time, let me know if this does not happen.Step 3
- ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
- VundoFix backups, if present
- The C:_OtMoveIt folder, if present
- Reset the clock settings.
- Hide file extensions, if required.
- Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
- Reset System Restore.
- Download OTC by OldTimer and save it to your desktop. Alternative mirror
- Double click icon to start the program.
If you are using Vista or Windows 7, please right-click and choose run as administrator
- Then Click the big button.
- You will get a prompt saying "Begining Cleanup Process". Please select Yes.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
- This will remove tools we have used and itself. Any tools/logs remaining on the Desktop can be deleted.
We need to remove ESET Online Scanner.
- Click Start, click Run, type control appwiz.cpl in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
- Click to select ESET Online Scanner from the application list, and then click Remove. Only re-boot if prompted
Your Adobe Acrobat Reader is out of date. Older versions are vulnerable to attack and exploitation.
Please go to the link below to update.Adobe Reader
Untick the Free McAfee® Security Scan Plus (optional) unless you want it. (Not required)..Step 6
TFC to your desktop, from either of the following links Link 1 Link 2
- Save any open work. TFC will close all open application windows.
- Double-click TFC.exe to run the program. Vista or Windows 7 users right click and select “Run as Administartor”
- If prompted, click "Yes" to reboot.
TFC will automatically close any open programs, including your Desktop
. Let it run uninterrupted. It shouldn't take longer take a couple of minutes, and may only take a few seconds. TFC may re-boot your system, if not Re-boot it yourself to complete cleaning process <---- Very Important
Keep TFC it is an excellent utility to keep your system optimized, it empties all user temp folders, Java cache etc etc. Always remember to re-boot after a run, even if not prompted
Let me know if the above steps complete OK, also if any remaining issues or concerns...