Thats a strange one regarding your connection, how were those changes done?
OK, lets clean up:Step 1
Remove Combofix now that we're done with it
- Please press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard. This will bring up the Run... command.
- Now type in Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. (Notice the space between the "x" and "/")
- Please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
- You will then recieve a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully once it's done uninstalling itself.
The above procedure will delete the following:
It is very important that you get a successful uninstall because of the extra functions done at the same time, let me know if this does not happen.Step 2
- ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
- VundoFix backups, if present
- The C:_OtMoveIt folder, if present
- Reset the clock settings.
- Hide file extensions, if required.
- Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
- Reset System Restore.
Remove ESET online scanner: (Got it right ths time)
- Click Start, type Uninstall a Program into the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER.
- Click to select ESET Online Scanner from the listing of installed products, and then click Uninstall/Change from the bar that displays the available tasks. Uninstall ESETonline Scanner, only re-boot if prompted.
Any tools/logs remaining on the Desktop can be deleted.Step 4
- Download OTC by OldTimer and save it to your desktop. Alternative mirror
- Double click icon to start the program.
If you are using Vista or Windows 7, please right-click and choose run as administrator
- Then Click the big button.
- You will get a prompt saying "Begining Cleanup Process". Please select Yes.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
- This will remove tools we have used and itself.
Go here http://www.filehippo.com/updatechecker/
run the FileHippo Update Checker, update any applications as suggested by the checker. Ignore any suggested Beta
TFC to your desktop, from either of the following links Link 1 Link 2
- Save any open work. TFC will close all open application windows.
- Double-click TFC.exe to run the program. Vista or Windows 7 users right click and select “Run as Administartor”
- If prompted, click "Yes" to reboot.
TFC will automatically close any open programs, including your Desktop
. Let it run uninterrupted. It shouldn't take longer take a couple of minutes, and may only take a few seconds. TFC may re-boot your system, if not Re-boot it yourself to complete cleaning process <---- Very Important
Keep TFC it is an excellent utility to keep your system optimized, it empties all user temp folders, Java cache etc etc. Always remember to re-boot after a run, even if not prompted
Let me know if those steps complete OK, also if any remaining isues/concerns...