1. Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
2. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.
3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
5. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.
6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
7. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
8. Close Internet Explorer.
Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.
Test out IE and see if it still uses an excessive number of cycles in Task Manager. Let me know how it goes.