Author Topic: "Fedora test page"  (Read 1379 times)

Offline frank1

• Bronze Member
"Fedora test page"
« on: October 29, 2012, 08:35:36 am »
Hello guys, how are you?

From time to time, I face a weird problem when I try to access SpywareHammer: it shows a "fedora test page" :/

I don't know if it happens to everyone, but I don't think so... because once I tried to access from my college, and it was ok.

Anyway... have anyone faced such thing?

*I don't think the problem is with my PC, since it appears on my notebook, on my other pc, and on these machines in its differents OS.

???

Offline PCBruiser

• Malware Removal Mentors
  • Administrator
  • Diamond Member
Re: "Fedora test page"
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 08:38:54 am »
Could you post a screen snap of what you are getting?  It sounds like some kind of server error, but you shouldn't be getting that unless there is some connection issue between your Internet service and our host.

EDIT:  When you do the screen snap, please include the URL line from your browser.  That is the line that starts "http://" and so on.  That will help us identify the page you are seeing.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:42:24 am by PCBruiser »
Don't Read?  Can't learn!

Offline frank1

• Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 08:52:30 am »
Yeah PCBruiser, I think it's something with my host... :/

the url line is the same,

http://www.spywarehammer.com

Well, I don't have a SS now, because it's suddenly working after a lot of days non-working... but it looks like it(taken from google images):

http://s9.postimage.org/wuk5i9673/Server_Test_Page_httpd_test_page.png

Offline PCBruiser

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 08:57:57 am »
You shouldn't be seeing that.  One of the other Administrators handles issues related to our server and connection problems.  I'll send him a PM asking him to check out this topic and get back to you.  Whatever problem you are running into, I doubt it is related to your systems in any way.  It looks like a transitory routing issue between your ISP and our host.  Who is your ISP?

Offline frank1

• Bronze Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 09:01:23 am »
It's GVT (I'm from Brazil)

Do you think I'll need to call them? If so... what should I say?

Thanks in advance,
Frank

Offline PCBruiser

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 09:06:07 am »
Wait until the other Administrator gets back to you.  We may need you to run a trace route the next time you have this problem.  Your ISP would need that information as well to try to track it down.  I suspect it is a transient routing issue between Brazil and our server host.  If that is the problem, even your ISP might not be able to deal with it if it is upstream from them on the Internet.  The trace route should tell us that, and if the connection is timing out somewhere.  But, wait until the other Admin takes a look at this.  I just sent him a PM to check out this topic.

Offline bamajim

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 06:50:53 am »
I'm currently looking into this, but at first glance the issue may be with your ISP.

2008-2010
With everything comes a price

Offline bamajim

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 10:01:07 am »
frank1

Are you still receiving the error?

2008-2010
With everything comes a price

Offline frank1

• Bronze Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 08:10:00 pm »
Hello bamajim, I'd guess it's a ISP problem aswell..

But it's a hard error to say something about, because... right now it's working, I have no idea if tomorrow or the next day it will be working or not

:/