Author Topic: Just saying Hi  (Read 4621 times)

Offline PX5

• Bronze Member
Just saying Hi
« on: December 25, 2008, 02:30:13 pm »
Hello to all,

Nice to see the new forum up and running,kudos to the staff even if some are from alabama. ;)

Offline Cudni

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Technical Staff
  • Bronze Member
Re: Just saying Hi
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 04:52:45 pm »
Hello and Welcome

Happy Holidays!

i'm sure guys from Alabama will see the funny side of you comment and be gentle when they find you ;)
every new day is either a reward or punishment for what we did yesterday

Online Mister2

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 11:45:19 pm »
Hi PX5, and Welcome :)

Some are from the UK - is that better or worse? *lol*
Never stop learning - visit the SpywareHammer Knowledgebase

Offline PX5

• Bronze Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 04:39:21 am »
Im not sure where to post this but this user
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=1254.45

[Edited by Admin]

I tend to test,run,hunt,sort malware for a living these last days and spend about 18 hours a day on 7 work boxes constantly infecting to achieve my work responsibilities

This is by far the biggest POS to fix that ive run across in all of 2008,tdss has sure been good for that this year. :(

As for them alabama folks,all I can say is "Deliverence"   ;D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 08:17:27 am by Bugbatter »

Offline Bugbatter

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Administrator
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 08:09:37 am »

Hi, PX5. Welcome to SpywareHammer.
We appreciate that you are attempting to help out by offering advice.
Note that we treat issues in the HijackThis forum with the utmost care since one incorrect or misleading instruction could result in a great deal of pain and aggravation for the person with the problem.  Only trained staff handles these issues. Often times users who think they may be helping, may in fact be harming.

If you desire to help, please contact me by Private Message about training to become a member of the Malware Removal Staff.

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security

Offline PX5

• Bronze Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 09:10:59 am »
No thanks on the HJT logs,I think my postcount stopped somewheres around 75,000 before i retired but when these slow boot logs cant get figured,just gimmie a shout,Im just here to help,observe and learn hopefully. ;)

Offline PX5

• Bronze Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 11:20:51 pm »
I failed to realize that one of the post I made was edited of some harmless but very userful information for forum folks,why is this?

Is this how you greet everyone who tries to be a part of the forum or tries to share userful information or did I stumble into a modern day concentration camp?

I just cant imagine any self respecting Security Expert being anything less than offended by such actions.

I think Im sorry I registered here,is it possible to be remove now,I dont think I would like to be a part of anything like this,it doesnt seem right or fair.

Offline Bugbatter

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Administrator
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 08:12:20 am »

Hi PX5,
Sorry that you were offended.
The information that you posted involved working in the registry.  In an effort to protect our members, we do not recommend posting that information on the general forums.  Such procedures are for the advanced user or for someone being supervised by a trained helper on the Malware Removal forum. We do appreciate your trying to help, though.

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security

Offline a_cup

• Technical Staff
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 02:46:48 pm »
Hi,

Welcome aboard...When I think of Alabama I think of 'Sweet Home'....

Deliverance was in the swamps of Louisiana...

Offline PX5

• Bronze Member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 12:07:20 am »
LOL...obvious you dont know the south,eh?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068473/plotsummary

On a weekend canoeing trip down a river in the Georgia back country, four urban businessmen enter a nightmare in which both nature and mankind conspire to send them through a crucible of danger and degradation in which their lives and perhaps even their souls are put at horrendous risk

Offline PX5

• Bronze Member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 12:11:34 am »
No worries Bugs!

I spec the words Export and Registry in the same sentence are of a harmful nature to some,it didnt strike me as anything dangerous but you could have been polite enough to justify your action for myself and others to see,unless your trying to project some other image here.

Cheers  ;)

Offline Cudni

• Microsoft® MVP
  • Technical Staff
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 05:35:32 am »
Georgia is spelling for Alabama too? I knew South was different but that much 
every new day is either a reward or punishment for what we did yesterday

Offline a_cup

• Technical Staff
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 11:28:27 pm »
I am a southerner and proud to be so....Alabama is also not Georgia...Sweet Home Alabama...And when I think of Georgia..I think of peaches...

I have never seen the movie nor read the book...I tend to read true life...Deliverance was created in the imagination of James Dickey (which makes one wonder what was on his mind) and acted out by Hollywood rats....It's not a true story...In case you were not aware of that....Neither was Texas Chain Saw...

However if you hear stories of Ted Bundy from Vermont, John Wayne Gacy from Illinois, Gary Evans from New York, Jeffrey Dahmer from Wisconsin, and Albert DeSalvo from Massachussetes...chances are they are true... :)

Offline s0tet

• Anti - Phishing Staff
  • Bronze Member
  • google your problem, first
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 04:32:19 am »
I am pretty familiar with the American South. I have lived there and elsewhere and even outside of the US, where people in other countries refer to ANY American (US) as a Yankee.

Georgia is spelling for Alabama too? I knew South was different but that much

Well, people in Georgia pick on people of Alabama (many jokes) and then the people in Alabama have Mississippi to pick on.  There are little differences, but basically, if Georgia did not have the large metropolitan area of Atlanta, the remaining parts of Georgia would be pretty similar to that of Alabama and South Carolina in my humble opinion. I had lived in about 4 different southern states, so I think I know that from some first hand experiences.

Anyone care to debate this, please do.

I have never seen the movie nor read the book...I tend to read true life...Deliverance was created in the imagination of James Dickey (which makes one wonder what was on his mind) and acted out by Hollywood rats....It's not a true story...In case you were not aware of that....Neither was Texas Chain Saw...

Not sure where the joke is myself in the thread and being born a US "southerner". I have a very dry sense of humor, so I usually pick up on some things, at least I think I do.

Deliverance is a well known movie, but I haven't watched it in about 2 decades, so needless to say, I do not recall any of the famous quotes. I do recognize "Dueling Banjos" when it is played and understand what it often refers too, though. IIRC, the movie came out in 1972. :D

Offline PX5

• Bronze Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 04:55:12 am »
Its all just humor,I live in Georgia but have corp hubs in Montgomery and Birmingham,spend a fair share of time in bama and hear plent of southern jokes.

Its all good humor down here,no foul,no harm.