I did some checking and due to the fact that AVG has been out of action this could be a malware problem.
Please do the following:
Please click >>>Here<<<
to download the latest version of HijackThis to your desktop.
Click the Download button. When the Trend Micro HJT install box appears, double click on the HJTInstall.exe. Click on Install.
It will be installed by default here: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
A shortcut to the application will also be placed on your Desktop.
The program will open automatically after installation.
You can double-click the icon that was placed on the Desktop to run subsequent HijackThis scans or you can use the icon inside the folder. The folder HijackThis is where you will find the HJT logs that you save. When you use the application to remove anything, you will also find the backup copies made by HJT inside this folder.
Close all other windows except HijackThis.
Click on "Do a system scan and save a logfile
." Do NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet.
Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
- Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Download to your Desktop FixPolicies.exe
[/color], by Bill Castner, MS-MVP, a self-extracting ZIP archive from here: http://cid-6aaab341ce47c5c2.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/FixPolicies.exe
- Double-click FixPolicies.exe[/color].
- Click the "Install" button on the bottom toolbar of the box that will open.
- The program will create a new Folder called FixPolicies[/color].
- Double-click to Open the new Folder, and then double-click the file within: Fix_Policies.cmd[/color].
- A black box will briefly appear and then close.
- This fix may prove temporary. Active malware may revert these changes at your next startup. You can safely run the utility again.
Then post your HJT and MBAM logs in a new topic in the http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0