Author Topic: SpectorSoft Detection  (Read 5837 times)

Offline papa_smurf73

• Bronze Member
SpectorSoft Detection
« on: January 21, 2009, 11:26:31 am »
Hello All..  I wasn't sure where to post this, but I believe someone has installed spectorsoft software on my home comuters without my permission.  Is there a way to detect if it is indeed installed?  How would I go about removing said program?

Thank you for your help.
-papa_smurf73

Offline Mister2

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: SpectorSoft Detection
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 01:32:00 pm »
Hi papa_smurf73, and Welcome to SpywareHammer ;D

A couple of basic questions first:
What makes you think this type of software has been installed?
Who do you believe might have installed the software, and for what purpose?

Our experts here can sort out virtually any computer problem but, as I'm sure you will understand, we have no right to arbitrate matters such as rightness or wrongness of installing and using such applications.  Whilst SpywareHammer would never condone illegal activities and will offer help to prevent such activities, the field of keyloggers and other monitoring software can be a legal minefield.  If there is any doubt about the situation then we would have to decline to participate.

Contacting your local law enforcement office may be your best solution to start with.  If you need proof that the software has been installed then we may be able to help in that area but not assist in the removal of the software.

I hope you understand our position in these matters, and if you have any further questions then please feel free to post them here.
Never stop learning - visit the SpywareHammer Knowledgebase