Author Topic: Windows 7 E-Learning Clinics  (Read 2522 times)

Offline williamkidd

• Bronze Member
Windows 7 E-Learning Clinics
« on: May 25, 2009, 11:47:06 pm »
I ran across a Microsoft blog post that may be of interest to those who are thinking about switching to Windows 7 when it comes out and who haven't seen this post already. MS is offering free E-Learning Clinics targeted at three different audiences (Consumers, IT Professionals and Information Workers) and run an estimated 1 or 2 hours each. The MS blog post with the links to the Clinics is here.

Penny, everything is better with Bluetooth. - The Big Bang Theory

Offline Mister2

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Windows 7 E-Learning Clinics
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 07:51:01 am »
Thanks for that link - I will certainly take a look :)
Never stop learning - visit the SpywareHammer Knowledgebase

Offline williamkidd

• Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 03:57:11 pm »
Thanks for that link - I will certainly take a look :)

You're welcome, Mr2.  :)  Have you had a chance to try them out? I tried yesterday and really messed up Firefox temporarily. It seems that the Clinics won't work under IE Tab and IE is listed as a requirement. It ended up crashing Firefox on me and FF crashed every time that I tried to restore the previous session. My saving grace was one of the new features in the FF 3.1 beta, the Session Restore dialog. I was dreading having to rebuild my 40 tabs or more that I keep open in FF but the Session Restore allowed me to close the offending tabs, restart FF and have everything else working again in very little time.

So for anyone wanting to try the Win7 E-Learning Clinics, remember to use IE to access them. Also you will have to have a Windows Live ID (free) to access the classes.
Penny, everything is better with Bluetooth. - The Big Bang Theory

Offline Mister2

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 10:15:55 pm »
Yeah, I ran through the Consumer one - and learned a few things, too!
I used IE and the only problem I had was on the 'Q & A' sections where the dialogue box wouldn't close or move, so I could only see the last question.  I thought I remembered a feedback link on the other courses I looked at, but not on this one.

It was great to be able to try things as they were explained.  The one I played most with was where I grabbed a (non-maximised) window, shook it side to side and all the other windows minimised.  I never knew that! :)

I'm hoping to get time to follow the other two Clinics over the weekend.
Never stop learning - visit the SpywareHammer Knowledgebase