Author Topic: What's the point of this forum?  (Read 1589 times)

Offline rggraham1947

• Bronze Member
What's the point of this forum?
« on: September 18, 2009, 09:58:32 am »
After days of uploading reports, running scans and diagnostics, I'm told that I can't be helped because my computer has been infested by unlicensed software (surely the sort of person who most needs help) and I'm told to re-format my hard-disk and re-install everything in a couple of hours. That advice I could have got anywhere! If that's the easiest way to solve the problem, why don't you give that advice to everybody and close the forum down?

Offline PCBruiser

• Malware Removal Mentors
  • Administrator
  • Diamond Member
Re: What's the point of this forum?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 10:03:28 am »
The purpose of this site is to provide help with systems compromised by malware or other hardware, operating system or software issues.

You have a number of illegally installed software packages on your system, plus several crack files used for breaking license/registration keys.  We do not provide any help as a matter of site policy when we find clear evidence that the system has been infected as a result of illegal activities.  Whether you or someone else who has access to the system is responsible for this problem is immaterial.  Sorry, but you will not receive any further help here.  And, no reputable help site will provide you with any assistance under these circumstances either.  http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=5011.0
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:09:10 am by PCBruiser »
Don't Read?  Can't learn!