Author Topic: no start menu or task bar on desktop  (Read 2600 times)

Offline peteski72

• Bronze Member
no start menu or task bar on desktop
« on: September 30, 2009, 09:09:14 am »
Hi I will address on problem at a time. I have been trying to get my start menu and task bar back through every possible way, but come up short. Just a small hint is; As I was upgrading Mozzula firefox 3.5 I thought I saw a warnig that it could effect windows in some way. I hadn't had any problems prior with firefox continued on. I'm guessing on a time frame when we lost the start menu and task bar was around the same time. Regardless, What am I missing to restore these features?
I don't have a XP boot disk. Which could be an easy solution. I followed some info in microsoft.com the store my current operating system on 3.5 floopies. They aren't recognized in a F12 start with this Boot drive Any help?

Offline Mister2

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: no start menu or task bar on desktop
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 01:10:54 pm »
Hi peteski72,

Have you tried restoring your system to a time just before you upgraded Firefox - Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.

If you don't see your Start button, press Ctrl + Alt + Del (all together) to bring up Task manager.  Go to File, New Task (Run) and type the following command:

C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

then click OK.
Never stop learning - visit the SpywareHammer Knowledgebase