Author Topic: Frozen Mouse that isn't frozen  (Read 98 times)

Offline boblink

• Bronze Member
Frozen Mouse that isn't frozen
« on: March 23, 2014, 06:55:30 pm »
Hi, I don't know if this a security issue (virus, malware,...) but let me POST it anyway and please advise me if it's not. Everything was fine with my W7 Desktop until out of nowhere, my cordless mouse stopped working so I replaced the batteries, which didn't do anything so I replaced the mouse and the mouse icon (arrow) still was frozen so I tried a wired mouse and the mouse still wouldn't move.
I then thought that I would try to start the system in Safe Mode and use repair but I was able to open Safe Mode using the keyboard but I could not select an option without the mouse so I restarted my computer again.
I had already used 3 mice but looked around and found a (very small) Laptop Mouse (with a very short cord) and this is where it get's really strange, the laptop mouse worked but since the cord was so short, it is almost impossible to use the system.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I did one more thing, which makes this saga more confusing, I took the 3 mice that didn't work on my Desktop to my Laptop to see if all the mice might be defected but they all worked on the Laptop.
So it doesn't appear to be a problem with the mouse since they all worked on the Laptop and it doesn't appear to be a problem with the driver since I found a mouse that works so I was wondering if my computer might be infected again (I had to do a clean install of W7 <2 weeks ago).
Any thoughts/suggestions for what appears to be my computer problem de jour would be greatly appreciated?
Thanks,
Bob

Offline Hoov

• Malware Removal Mentors
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • Unwilling part owner of Gov't. Motors and Chrysler
    • Hoov's Personal Site
Re: Frozen Mouse that isn't frozen
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 10:12:07 am »
Have you made any progress with this issue?

Have you checked the device manager and see if there is a problem with the mice or USB ports?

Consumer Security

If I am helping you and you don't hear from me for 24Hrs, send me a PM Please!