Author Topic: IExp 8 won't do google searches anymore..  (Read 1687 times)

Offline nana

• Bronze Member
IExp 8 won't do google searches anymore..
« on: January 10, 2010, 05:39:01 pm »
Am concerned I have malware? IExp 8 won't do google searches anymore, nor can I go to google homepage. Am running Vista w/service pk 2 and auto updating "Comcast Security" (McAfee Plus). Browser seems to work ok otherwise, tho a bit slow.
Thanks.

Offline Mister2

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: IExp 8 won't do google searches anymore..
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 10:58:34 pm »
Hi nana, and Welcome to SpywareHammer! ;D

I recommend you submit a HiJackThis log so our experts can advise you.  Follow the instructions in this post - http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=88.0 - and start a new topic here - http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0 - briefly outlining the problem and the steps you have taken to remove the infections.  Paste your HJT log into your post.  Someone will be along shortly to advise you and check for any signs of further problems.

Please be patient as the guys over there are kept busy, but be assured you will receive a reply as soon as someone becomes available.

Good luck!
Never stop learning - visit the SpywareHammer Knowledgebase

Offline nana

• Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 10:07:54 am »
Thanks for your speedy response. Did as u suggested; new thread, where I posted HJT log... nothing back yet... should I repost after a couple of days?
Tx.

Offline Mister2

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 01:18:32 pm »
Please wait a couple of days or so - the guys over there are always kept busy, even more so in the period after Xmas.
Also, if you reply to your own post there then it looks like someone is assisting you (when someone becomes free they look for the logs with no replies first).

Be assured that someone will pick your log up soon as they can.
Never stop learning - visit the SpywareHammer Knowledgebase