Computer has been 100% since last post.
Suddenly distorted sound has reappeared.
Noticeable only on account user log on and offs (log on/off speed doesn't seem effected).
- removing, and reinstalling basic sound card drivers
- system restore (just took it back a few days)
- this tool: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/no_sound
Strange thing is, even with sound disabled (set to 'none') for windows log on and off, via control panel's 'sound and audio devices'....the sound is still there?
Things that have happended over the past few days, that may have contributed?:
- power cut when pc was running
- installed Kodak printer software
- used windows media player 9 for the 1st time
- received some windows security updates
Otherwise, audio playback appears normal, and PC appears fine.
Anything else I can try?