Author Topic: Thunderbird update will not start  (Read 5311 times)

Offline realcav

• Bronze Member
Re: Thunderbird update will not start
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2010, 01:09:58 pm »
Here's the message

Offline realcav

• Bronze Member
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2010, 01:55:36 pm »
It seems that I have removed my head from far up my nether regions unchecked 'use name and password' and have cured the problem with not being able to send mail.
  With that I think we should let sleeping dogs lie and call it cured. I see no reason to tempt the fates with trying to install TB v. 3.1. do you?

Offline Mister2

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2010, 06:47:36 am »
Sorry I'm late getting back.
Great to hear you found the solution.  Sometimes the answer stares you in the face (I'm a great one for reading what I want to see rather than what a message actually tells me).

I must say I was surprised to read your other accounts have different passwords - I have never seen that before when using the same provider.
As for upgrading, I think you are right in not risking it again.  I regretted upgrading to v3.0.6 as it seemed to slow everything down.  I might even consider downgrading my spare machine back to v3.0.1.

After all, how often do you hear about people getting infected through their email client?
Unless they click the link from a Nigerian prince with $3m to give away ;)1

Thanks for the update - something else to bear in mind when someone else has the problem. :)1
Never stop learning - visit the SpywareHammer Knowledgebase

Offline realcav

• Bronze Member
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2010, 10:11:55 am »
Sorry if I came across as a knucklehead at times. I rarely delve into the internal workings of these mysterious machines. Your patience as well as Hoovs last week is appreciated. You folks at SpywareHammer are a boon and I thank you all for a marvelous service. Stay well Mr.2 and thanks again.
  BTW, do you think you could get me an invite to the upcoming nuptials? Tell Wills I'm a former Army helicopter pilot and see if that holds any weight. ;o)

Offline Mister2

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2010, 10:47:18 am »
Not at all.  If you persist working through a problem with us as long as you did, you're certainly no knucklehead.
Problems can knock us all back.  Not just because of the hassle of fixing it, but also because you suddenly realise what you take for granted, and the impact of losing it hits home.

I'll have a word with Wills next time I see him.  He flies with the RAF so he may be up for a bit of competition with you - how about a dogfight, or a race to the coast and back?
Winner gets a piece of cake!  (Might have to bring your own helicopter, though).

Have a great day, and safe computing :)1

BTW - I just deleted your screenshots from my system.
Never stop learning - visit the SpywareHammer Knowledgebase