Thanks for all the informative links on the AU, Bb. I think I appreciate all the pros and cons.
As it happens, I have yet to receive it, which I don't mind. My question is, Is there any way to delay its installation until all the bugs are ironed out? (I've already seen how some avast users encountered a BSOD, due to an incompatibility with another 3rd party program). IIRC, there is a way to delay it, at least for a while.